Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006.


Here lies 2006.

Cut down in it's prime, '06 was only 365 days old when it passed - called up to heaven, or down to hell depending on your viewpoint.

For the world at large, 2006 was no real change from the years before it. Nothing really exciting came down the pipe. The wars still raged in Afghanistan and Iraq, the price of fuel continued to climb, and people still went about their lives much as they do every year. I think there were maybe four people in the world who expressed disbelief that Lance Bass was gay, and two of them didn't even know who he was.

I'm horrible at doing a year end wrap up.

I have trouble trying to remember what happened in January. If you ask me what the most important events of the year were, I'd start listing stuff from November, just because outside of stuff that directly impacts me, I have no sense of time. Ask me what I was doing in the middle of May or the end of March and I'll tell you. (Chance of error +/- 24%) Ask me when s major event happened overseas and I'm clueless. If you want to know what the world deemed most important, go read a newspaper, I gots nothin' for ya.

Looking back, 2006 was not a bad year.
I'm still alive, I've got my health, everyone is okay, what more could I ask for?
If I win a million, 2007 will be a better year. (Trying a bit of advance wishing.)
I'll let you know how it turns out.

Tomorrow I'm going to post my resolutions.
(Yes - I know I said resolutions were a crock of shit last year, but I've changed my mind.)
We'll look back next year and see how I've done.

Be safe, everyone.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment