Monday, December 18, 2006

Workaholic.


Today was a Bad Day.

Not for any particular reason, but for a multitude of little ones.

I found almost everything that I had to accomplish at work today was dogged by tiny, annoying setbacks. No matter what task I was involved in, I was sure to come across something that would either slow it down or make it just that much more of a pain in the ass to do.

I usually voice my displeasure, but today I didn't. If you looked at each thing that was pissing me off, it would seem like I was being a whiny bitch. It's only when you look at it as a whole and its effect on my day that the reason for my displeasure is clear and understandable.

Every day that I work I like to accomplish a set number of tasks. I list them out and prioritize them. If I don't get that list done by the time my shift is supposed to be over, I'm pissed.
Call me crazy, call me anal, but it works for me.

I saw a cartoon once that said:

"God put me on Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die."

That pretty much sums it up.

Back to it tomorrow.
If it's bad again I just might have to stab someone with a pencil.

A dull pencil.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment