Monday, January 01, 2007

...Is What I Need Now.


Never has a musical lyric been more relevant.

For those who aren't sure what I'm talking about, here is a definition.

It's January 1st, and like everyone else before me, I'm making some resolutions for the coming year. I've said in the past that resolutions are a bunch of shit, and although what I'm doing now flies in the face of that, I'll ask your forgiveness. What I said before was that you shouldn't have to wait until January 1st to make a resolution. If you want to make a change in your life you should do it right away. I'm making this statement on New Years Day because that's the only day anyone pays any attention to shit like this.

My resolutions for the year are as follows:
  • Lose 20-25 pounds - I'm already on my way on this one, which is why I'm doing it first. I'm not going crash diet, either. I'm going to the gym and eating better. I'd like to be at my goal weight before my birthday, which gives me plenty of time.
  • Teach The Boy how to swim and skate - I'm going to need help, because I'm not the greatest teacher when it comes to these. They both came really naturally to me when I was younger, so I have a hard time showing him what to do. I'll put him in the programs, but I'd like to be his introduction to them. Skating is already done, we are working on it, but getting my lard ass up to the pool will be a challenge.
  • Save More - I'm not just talkin' my personal stash. I'd like to save some cash towards something. We save set amounts each month into the kids college funds, but nothing in case of emergency or just for that big purchase down the road. (coughbigscreentvcough) I'd like to have some cash saved to do some renovations on the homestead (Hardwood floors) as well as the aforementioned big purchase.
  • Get Out More - I do go outside, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'd like to get out more in the social sense. It's tough with kids and a budget, but you can't spend all your time in the house or just going to the same spots over and over.
That's it. I was kinda general on a couple of them, but I know the details, and that is what is important. They are more guidelines to work towards, and I'll try to keep checking them.

I think I'll make some selfish resolutions too. The other ones were for things that I'm trying to do to better myself. These are the things that I'm going to work my damnedest not to change.
  • Keep my sense of humor - I'm still going to be a crude, funny, witty pervert. Nothing can change that.
  • Blog - I haven't missed a post in God knows how long, and it's a streak I'd like to continue. (I will try to improve the quality, however. I'll admit, some of these posts are weak-ass shit.)
  • Touch myself - When you look this good, how can you not?
Oh, these will be easy.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment