Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Laser Scanning Device.


I've got a new keyboard/mouse combo.

It has a LASER!, or so the packaging says.
I think it might have came from the Death Star office supply department.
The Dark Side is tempting with all it's extra features and wireless capabilities.

It's so much quieter than my previous keyboard. It's like ninja-stealth typing.
(If I type a paragraph, and no one hears it, did I really type it?)
I think it's also increased my typing speed.
It feels like I'm typing at warp velocity.
I'm busting out sentences in hyperspace. (Hit it Chewie!)

It's tough getting used to a new keyboard.
The keys are more sensitive than the previous one, so I find that I do a lot of double letters sometimes. I'm just such a hard typer I guess. Just pounding away on the keys. (I did say in a previous post that I type like I fuck, so I guess it still makes sense.)

With the mouse, the cordless part is great, I can move it anywhere and it still functions fine.
I have yet to see the true benefit of a wireless keyboard, as when I move more than three feet away from the screen, I can't see what I'm typing. There's nothing really wrong with that, if you don't mind a garbled mess instead of an actual blog. (If you don't mind that, can I direct you to the Sidekick's blog? You'll see what I mean.)

I could go on more, but I think I'll go see if I can type something coherent from the garage.
I'll either write the next great Canadian novel or inadvertently format my hard drive. We'll see how it goes.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment