Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Misdirected Communication.


Since I've switched to Telus, I've been getting someone else's mail.

I get my own mail as well, but periodically I get accouncements from webistes and radio staions I've never heard of, addressed to "Mindy". Mindy and I have the same last name, and I guess at one time she did have this email address.

I can forgive some of the spam that she has signed up for in the past, (Country Music? Really, Mindy, come on...) but lately I've gotten wedding pictures and emails from her friends. I reply that this is not her address anymore, and that they should contact her somehow to get a new address, but I still end up getting mail.

I feel like a peeping tom, and it's not even my fault.

When I switched addresses I emailed everyone at least once about the change, and I mailed them after to confirm it. I even switched newsletter and update information to make sure. Your email address is like your property on the Internet. You wouldn't move and not tell anyone where you were going, would you? (Unless Mindy is a fugitive from the law...)

I claim squatter's rights to this address now, and possesion is nine-tenths of the law. If she wants it back, she'll have to fight me for it.

I'll take her on...
I hope she doesn't try to shank me.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Send Mindy an email and let her know you have her email. Oh, wait a sec...

    WV: wkbudluy - does it profess to be nutty?

    ReplyDelete