Sunday, November 26, 2006

Ego.

I was told by someone today that I have a big ego.

I told them that if by ego they mean penis, they are correct.

Seriously though, have you ever thought about it? I don't think I have a huge ego about myself, but I do try to present a confidant manner and style. If that comes across as self centered and egotistical, than so be it.

(Plus, if I don't tell people how great I am, how will they know?)

I don't think that there is anything wrong about pointing out the things that you are good at. I'm not saying I'm the best at any given task, but there are a few things I do that I do very well, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I'm tired of some people decrying the fact that I take pride in myself and the things that I am able to do.

You are damned if you do and damned if you don't. If I didn't say anything positive, and only complained about how I think I'm overweight and didn't like how the world has treated me, then I would be called a whiny bitch. But it seems to me that most people you see nowadays are "whiny bitches" so the fact that someone is out there being positive about themselves, must seem odd and out of character.

I'd like to clarify - I don't go around saying how great I think I am and talking about my penis all day long. I'm not from Port Alberni. All I do is show some self-confidence and throw some humor along with it when I do happen to mention something.

I think people need to inflate their own egos a little bit now and then. Instead of looking in the mirror and being depressed about yourself, think about that one thing that you do great, and tell the next person you see.

(Unless the one thing is Masturbating and the next person you see is a Nun, this should work great.)

Later.

1 comment:

  1. You? An egotist? Nah. Whomever it was who said that's obviously an idiot.

    And I totally agree: shine on, little snowflake! ABout 4 years ago I made a tiny but great code submission into the webserver which now serves like 70% of the web. You can betcher ass I tell everyone I meet that my code powers their webserver (it's run in startup).

    VW: iefgu, which means sarah's new fish is gonna be panfried.

    ReplyDelete