Sunday, August 13, 2006

I Know...

  1. That my chances at International Rock Stardom are slowly fading away. Once you are over Thirty, it looks kind of silly to be "throwing the horns". And what kind of groupies would you get? Rejects from the Wal-Mart music section? No thanks.
  2. That the slower people get, the more they piss me off. Just move faster or get the fuck out of my way. Roads, aisles, it doesn't matter.
  3. That most of the world is geared towards the Lowest Common Denominator.
  4. That I'm smart enough to know I'll never win the Lotto, and dumb enough to keep trying anyway.
  5. That if I could be paid in coffee and donuts, it wouldn't be all bad.
  6. That the word phenomenal is a phenomenal word.
  7. That the more I listen to the radio, the deeper my affection for my iPod.
  8. That my whistling skills are sub-par; but fuck it - I like to whistle. Loudly. So it echoes.
  9. That I have the God-given ability to beat any joke into the ground. Guaranteed.
  10. That you can't always get what you want - be it inner peace, or ketchup in the drive thru.
Later.

1 comment:

  1. 'echoes'.

    Um, that's pretty much /anyone/ working closing who learned from Dake. It's like a rule that the hairband whistling must be loud and echo. You know, Youth Gone Wild at full volume or something equally as bad.

    One of these days I need to stop banging on windows and go inside.

    ReplyDelete