Thursday, August 03, 2006

Dirge.

I spoke before about my funeral.

I'd like to get a little bit more specific. I'm not planning on dying or anything (at least not yet,) so don't worry. But I'm gonna lay out some plans in advance.
Here's what I want to play at my service.
Burn it on disc, load it on the iPod, I don't care. Just make sure it's out there.

  1. Goodbye Cruel World - Pink Floyd - I've wanted this song played for so long. Probably the first song I can recall ever thinking "Hey, that would be good at my funeral."
  2. Nothingman - Pearl Jam - A recent addition, due to my own ignorance of the band. I just like the lyrics, and find it goes well for what I want.
  3. Farewell to You - White Lion - 'Cmon, I am a child of the eighties, after all. What's death without a glam band or two?
  4. M.I.A. - Foo Fighters - Just love the lyrics.
  5. Wonderwall - Oasis - Just because.
  6. Too Late - Jetboy - Don't bother looking it up, you've never heard of them.
  7. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd - I always accosiate this song with my brother's death. I just want it played at mine.
  8. Don't Close Your Eyes - Kix - Glam band again. Sad, isn't it?
  9. I Can't Say - The Trews - I just think the whole album should be played, but people would wonder about some of the uptempo stuff.
  10. From The Inside - Def Leppard - Only if I die from a drug overdose, okay?
That's all I can think of right now. There may be some I'm forgetting, or others I haven't found yet, but you guys get the gist of it.

What I want is that after my funeral, if anyone who was there hears one of these songs, I'll be all they can think of. Isn't that kinda like some sort of immortallity? Haunting from beyond the grave. Wicked Cool.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment