There where teams that improved themselves, teams that made some questionable decisions, and others that just stood their ground.
There was another trade made yesterday as well.
I just found out that after only four months in my new location, I'm being "Traded" (transferred) to the location that I had just left. Apparently, things have fallen apart since my departure and my wisdom, experience, and shining personality are needed desperately.
Or maybe they are just telling me that.
So what does that mean?
- It means that starting on March 25th, I no longer get to go home for lunch or have a 4 minute commute to work.
- It means that I'm driving 20 minutes each way, and being stuck at that location all day. (Trust me, it's in the sticks - there is nowhere to go.)
- It means that on my lunch I can hit the trails between the river/beach again.
- It means that I can actually listen to and enjoy music on my commute. (I can listen to 4 whole songs!)
- It means more responsibility which hopefully leads to more pay.
I'm looking at it with a positive spin, and trying to avoid any negativity about it. Although it was kind of shocking because I had absolutely no knowledge or idea this was going to happen.
The plus? They are waiting until the 25th so that my Half is over before I go. (Believe me, this was a concern.) I'm glad that I won't have to deal with that schedule change until after my race is over.
Like any trade, there is upsides and downsides - teams that are winners and teams that are losers.
All I can say is that my former location certainly came out ahead in this trade.
I'm the fuckin' Wayne Gretzky of the Dairy world, yo.