Don't worry - it's not Speedo vs Shorts at the beach - I wouldn't submit you to that.
It has to do with my Gym.
(For those of you who live in a Big City or have any sort of commute, stop reading now. I'm going to be talking/bitching about distances that seem trivial/hilarious to you, and you are going to want to slap me.)
My Gym is a 10-15 minute drive away from where I live. (10 from where I live, 15 from work) It's kind of old, kind of ghetto, but I like most of the people (The ones I don't want to stab) and the cost is right. Let's not forget, I've named all the Treadmills.
There's a new Gym that has opened in my neighborhood - it's a 3-minute walk from where I work, and maybe 10 from my house. It's a nice new shiny Gym, full of new weights, never-been-used equipment (except the cardio stuff - although that's nice too.), and I could have 7-day a week, 24hr access for $5/month more than I'm paying now.
I went and tried it out. (I didn't tell my current gym - is that cheating?)
Things I Like:
- Location, Location, Location.
- 24 hour access (Current gym doesn't open until 8 on weekends - doesn't work for me)
- Lots of equipment.
- Ocean View while on any cardio equipment - (because TV is boring and the ocean is awesome when it's stormy.)
- The Changerooms - or lack thereof. They have a washroom, and a one-stall shower/changeroom. What if it's busy when I have to shower on my lunch workout? I'm fucked.
- Not a ton of open floorspace. I'm not planning on doing cartwheels or anything, but you do need ample room to stretch/etc.
- No tanning booth. I'm not Jersey Shore, but I like slowly conditioning my bone-white skin for summer running.
- Only 2 Treadmills. For Fall/Winter running this is a huge thing for me.
The other thing about my Gym is the relationship I have with some of the staff there - it's nice to be known by name, treated well, given discounts/freebies, and I'm not sure how long it would take to develop that at the new Gym. (With my sparkling personality, not long, I'm sure - but still..)
I'm not in any hurry to make a change - but the fact that the new Gym is so close just taunts me.. It's unfair.
Help me, Readers - you're my only hope.
|Blogger in a Galaxy far, far away.|