Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Fright Night.


Ah, Halloween.

Tonight I will take my spawn and parade them around to the homes of strangers. Should the strangers find them pleasing, they will be rewarded with treats. (Good Family holiday, right?)

As soon as I'm done taking them out, The Wife takes them and visits all the relatives. Me? I stay at the homestead and had out candy to other peoples kids. (I'm thinking I might shut the lights off and watch Shaun of the Dead, but that wouldn't be keeping with the spirit of the holiday.)

Either way, it's a long night.

I yearn for the days when Halloween meant dressing like a Hobo and getting drunk at a party. When I was younger all the girls dressed like pumpkins or clowns. Now it's all about Naughty Nurses and Slutty Vampires. (Bitter? Not me.) No wonder young males take their fireworks and blow up everything in sight - it's not vandalism, it's sexual overload.

The picture on the right is what my Jack 'o Lantern looks like. Yes, my creative input involved printing out something I found on the Internet. The kids like it and that's what counts. I must say I did a hell of a job.

Watch out for the Ghosts and Goblins if you are out - and if you come to my house, don't knock - I'll be watching a movie.



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment