We get about 60 - 80 kids in my neighborhood each Halloween. It's not enough to make it a full-time job from dinner to bed, and it's too many to just shut off the lights and pretend I'm not home.
So it's nice that I can at least have something good to watch (and pause) when I'm not handing out the sweets.
I know your looking at the picture and thinking - "Really? Bordello of Blood? That's his idea of quality filmmaking?". You'll just have to hear me out.
I don't own it.(But I'm thinking of it now.) It happened to be on T.V last night, and I went with that selection. I didn't need to see a slasher film, but I did want something a little bit Halloweenny to watch as I doled out the treats.
And it is a good show. How can you deny these great features:
- Dennis Miller at his witty best.
- A Vampire Whorehouse - c'mon, that's just special right there.
- Corey Feldman dies not once, but twice.
- Titties, titties, titties.
- Campy, crazy, funny characters.
- Holy water in squirtguns.
- Erkia Eleniak playing a religious girl who doesn't believe in premarital sex. (How many times was she in Playboy?) Oh, the Irony.
Thinking back, I should have Tivo'd it. But now it's just another excuse to buy a DVD, right?
I endorse this movie, and if you haven't seen it, rent it next Halloween - it's good for a laugh.
(And did I mention Titties?)