Sunday, October 07, 2007

Brownout.

The power went out today at work.

Well, that's not exactly true, as it only went half-out, and we were able to stay open in a reduced capacity. Not too fun considering it's Thanksgiving.

But goddamn, people were assholes. It's not my fault the power's fucked, okay? I had nothing to do with it. So don't treat me like it's a major inconvenience to you. Do you have any idea how much of a inconvenience it is to me? (I didn't think so.) Do you think I like having to stay open and deal with shmucks like you? I'd rather sit in the back and drink beer, playing games while waiting for the power to flicker on. Did I get to do that? No.

Instead I put my best foot forward and bit my lip, even while you insisted that you should be treated like royalty. Demanding that we stay open past our regular time just because you want it? Fuck you. I'm thankful for a lot of things, and one of them is being able to restrain myself from kicking your ass.

...

Ah, that's better.

See, the power did come back on - eventually. (After closing time.) And the Powers That Be made sure that there was a cold beer waiting in the office for me afterwards.

Karma wins again.



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment