I was in Wally World (I know...don't ask) and happened to be walking by a discount bin of DVDs. I don't normally even look at them, but something caught my eye, and before I knew it, I had a handful of titles and was heading for the checkout.
I succumbed to what the Sidekick calls "The Urge to Round Out Your Collection."
You see, a bunch of the DVDs that I bought were ones that I liked but would never normally buy. However, they are cheap enough that it's more cost effective to buy than it would be to rent, should I want to watch them again. I also picked out some that do come out on T.V every so often, but are horribly edited for content when they do.
I'll even give you a quick list:
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - It's a weakness, and shitty when it's on T.V.
- Constantine - Probably my favorite Keanu film - and another that will never be shown on T.V. anytime soon.
- Alien 3 - Fuck all the haters, I love this movie.
- Hellboy - Sword of Sorrows - Never seen this one, but The Boy loved the Hellboy movie, so the animated follow up should be great.
- Superman & Popeye - I know what you are thinking. But it's a collection(5 disc) of the old Fleischer Superman shorts (all of them!) and a bunch of Popeye as well. I was raised on Popeye; maybe this will make The Boy eat his spinach.
Now I just need a bigger DVD rack.......
Life is tough.