Saturday, June 30, 2007

Bucking for Pension.

There's been a bit of a shuffle at work and I've got a new assistant in my section. He's substantially older than I am.

I don't have a problem with working with people who are older than I. Really, I don't. But this guy is slow. He's got tons more experience in the industry than I have, and it's not like he's new to the company. I figured with all that knowledge, he'd be able to accomplish things more efficiently than my previous, younger co-worker.

I was wrong.

It's not that the job is too physically demanding - it's just that he has one speed. That speed is so slow that I'm worried he'll get left behind at the next Daylight Savings Time change. (I'm not joking.) I like the guy, and have tried to be helpful and respectful in how I let him know that he has to move faster.

But it's almost time to not be nice.

Tonight was almost painful to observe - I just about lost it. I'm going to talk to him when he gets back from his days off. (I'm not so much of an ass that I'd crap on someone right before a Long Weekend.)

Worst case scenario? I kick out his cane and he falls and breaks a hip. (I kid, I kid.)

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment