Saturday, June 23, 2007

Han Shot First.

Hollywood has a tendency to rape my childhood.

First it was having Greedo miss from point blank range in 1997. Amazing how he went from just unlucky - (to have come up against Han) to unlucky and bad at his job. A Bounty Hunter that misses from across a table? Come on George, I'll believe it from a Stormtrooper, but not a Bounty Hunter.

Then in 2002 they decided that E.T. was to violent. E.T? What the fuck are they talking about? They digitally erased the guns in the FBI agent's hands and replaced them with walkie-talkies. Yeah - that makes complete sense. Spielberg had said that he didnt like the scenes of the Fed's pointing guns at the kids. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they probably pointing them at the alien with the giant fucking head? Yeah, I thought so.

Hollywood's done it other times as well. Let us not forget Batman & Robin. as much as we'd like to. They even messed up Spider-Man. (Number 3? More like Number Suck.)

So it's easy to say that I'm just a bit apprehensive when I see the picture of Doctor Jones floating around the Internet. I know they are making another Indiana Jones movie, and that trilogy is the one unsullied thing that I can recall from my movie going childhood. I hope they do it justice. (It better not be Indiana Jones and The Cure for Osteoporosis.)

You better treat Indy right, Hollywood.

I've got my eye on you.


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment