Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Skeleton Crew

I'm on Day 3 of 4 straight night shifts.

(I feel like Chad Vader- Night Shift Manager)

To some of the people I work with, having a night shift appear on your schedule is akin to getting kicked in the nuts. The groans and gasps they make when they see the schedule would make you think they really did take a shot in the nether regions.

Me? I like it.
(The shift - not getting whacked in my naughty bits.)

The night shift is fairly routine and laid back. The hustle and craziness of the day is done, and you are basically just reorganizing and cleaning up. It's not that bad - not as bad as some people make it out to be.

As for the time - I still get off work almost 3 hours earlier than I did at my old job, so that doesn't bother me. It seems that some people just don't like working at night.

(I do most of my best work in the dark.)

Well, I'm off to get ready for work. After this shift I have two day shifts. The only bad thing about working so many late nights in a row is the transition back to "regular" hours. That early morning wake-up is a bitch.

Thank God for Coffee. (again)

Later.

1 comment: