When I rested my head on my pillow last night, I had my morning all planned out:
- Gym at 5:30, chinups, pushups, some cardio (bike only, it's a day off running).
- Home by 6:45, enjoy the sweet, peaceful solitude of the morning with my laptop and coffee.
- Shower, shave, kiss the kids and wife goodbye, and off to work for 8am.
How the morning actually played out:
- Sometime around 5am, I wake up in a groggy state, shut the alarm off, and fall back to sleep.
- Like Sleeping Beauty after being kissed by the Prince, I blissfully stretch as I awake, roll over and see that it's 7:15am.
- After a mad scramble of shower, shave, getting dressed, and gulping down a coffee, I race out the door. (Pretty sure I missed kissing one of the kids and hit the coat rack instead.)
- I thank God that I only have a 8 minute drive to get to work.
So as you can see, the morning did not go as I intended, nor did it live up to my expectations. I'm already mapping out tomorrow in my head, and I'm probably going to move the alarm clock to the other side of the bed, just to be safe. (We'll see if the Wife likes that, or if I get shot down - she hates the alarm more than I do.)
Wish me luck - I like my mornings.
P.s. Why is it that during the Winter Holidays, my kids were always up at the crack of dawn, and now that they are back in school, they are two lifeless bricks that have to be pried out of bed? If they aren't' useful as back-up alarm clocks, why did I have kids?