I didn't really make any goals last year, and it showed. There was a month that I didn't run once, and a month where I didn't write once. (I almost think they were the same month - which makes me wonder...what the hell I was doing instead?)
In the spirit of setting goals for 2012, here's what I'd like to accomplish:
- Stick with my running program and finish the Comox Valley Half Marathon (March 18th) and the Merville 15K (April 1st). - Not really going to shoot for a time - I'd like to have a respectable finish, but I'm going to be realistic in my expectations.
- Lose 15 pounds by March 1st - I know weight loss goals suck, but with the training program and a small change in eating practices, this should be the easiest of all.
- Be able to do 15 consecutive pullups. - Right now I'm at 2. I could hit 3 if I had the assistance of adrenaline and an updraft.
- Keep writing - I forgot how much I enjoy putting my rambling train of thought out there. I'd like to make sure it's at least 3 times a week. (Although trying to keep a daily writing streak alive would be a challenge...)
- Read more actual books. - I just got This is a Call - The Life & Times of Dave Grohl and Chuck Palahniuk's Damned for Christmas (Thanks, Sidekick!) - as much as I like the Internet, nothing compares to a book.
Half the fun of this will be looking back at the end of the year and either patting myself on the back or kicking myself in the ass - lets hope it's the former.