Sunday, January 01, 2012

Goals.

I don't believe in resolutions, I believe in goals.

I didn't really make any goals last year, and it showed. There was a month that I didn't run once, and a month where I didn't write once. (I almost think they were the same month - which makes me wonder...what the hell I was doing instead?)

In the spirit of setting goals for 2012, here's what I'd like to accomplish:
  • Stick with my running program and finish the Comox Valley Half Marathon (March 18th) and the Merville 15K (April 1st). - Not really going to shoot for a time - I'd like to have a respectable finish, but I'm going to be realistic in my expectations.
  • Lose 15 pounds by March 1st - I know weight loss goals suck, but with the training program and a small change in eating practices, this should be the easiest of all.
  • Be able to do 15 consecutive pullups. - Right now I'm at 2. I could hit 3 if I had the assistance of adrenaline and an updraft.
  • Keep writing - I forgot how much I enjoy putting my rambling train of thought out there. I'd like to make sure it's at least 3 times a week. (Although trying to keep a daily writing streak alive would be a challenge...)
  • Read more actual books. - I just got This is a Call - The Life & Times of Dave Grohl and Chuck Palahniuk's Damned for Christmas (Thanks, Sidekick!) - as much as I like the Internet, nothing compares to a book.
 I think I've struck the balance between attainable and challenging. Kinda like that girl at the bar that hates you, but has had almost too much to drink.

Half the fun of this will be looking back at the end of the year and either patting myself on the back or kicking myself in the ass - lets hope it's the former.




Later.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment