Friday, May 02, 2008

Rub My Nose In It.

One of the great things about being a Hockey fan is watching your team succeed.

(But since my team got knocked out of the playoffs last night, I'll talk about bitter disappointment instead.)

The other great thing about being a Hockey fan is laughing at other guy's teams when they blow it.

The guys at work had a great time with me today.

See, I work with mostly Canuck fans - (Yes, that alone should qualify me for a medal.) and nothing gave them greater joy than to remind me that not only did my team get knocked out, but they got swept in four games and shellacked in an 8-2 loss in the last game on home ice.

I guess it's only fair as I was pretty brutal on them when their team didn't make the playoffs.

Now the worst thing that can still happen would be for the Habs to make it to the third round - that'll cost me a DVD, and that would be the greatest disappointment of all.

Well, there's always next year.....




Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment