Saturday, May 24, 2008

God Damn Kids.




Canadian Talent and Ingenuity at it's finest.

I've been a fan of Sam Roberts since I first stumbled across them. They have a unique sound, and one of the only times I've listened to French in song and liked it. (Listen to "No Sleep" if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

I really liked the follow-up album, Chemical City, but I don't think that people were ready for the more experimental sound that album had. With the new release, Love At The End Of The World, they get back to the sounds and energy of the first outing, and it's all good.

The Video for Them Kids is great - I've played The Sims (albeit briefly) and it was never as cool as this. (Was Canadian Rock Star even an available profession?) My Sims usually went swimming and died when I removed the ladder from the pool - either that or perished in a house fire while cooking dinner.)

Check out the video and the album - they're both great.



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment