Monday, February 25, 2008

Look But Don't Touch.

Remember when I said I had to do that technological upgrade for work?

Well the reason for it is on the right.

We switched over to a new pinpad/terminal system for all our debit/credit transactions. Today was the first day of the switch.

Guess what? I didn't even get to use them once.

It's not like I wasn't helping to cash people through - I usually have to help out at least 3-4 times a day. But today, every single person I helped paid with cash.

It was weird. I had this great technological toy I wanted to use, and no one used their debit card. You have no idea how strange it is. Everyone pays with debit (or credit) - cash is almost the least seen type of currency around here.

It's like God was laughing at me.

"Ha ha, little man - looks like you'll be waiting a while to use that shiny toy!"

Asshole.

You know how it is when you get a new cell or cordless phone, and you have to wait 24 hours for the battery to charge up before use? That is what today was like - that interminable waiting period before you get a chance to play with the shiny new object.

It sucks.

I think tomorrow I'll buy a pack of gum (on debit) just so I can play.

Dentyne Ice, anyone?




Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment