Monday, February 04, 2008

9:42


I hit a personal best today.

I did my cardio workout this morning, and was disappointed cause some old fucker was taking a walk on the treadmill - I didn't have much time, so I just did a set on the elliptical and called it a day.

On lunch break, I finished my circuit on the weights with about fifteen minutes left before I have to hit the showers - I could either do another circuit, or - and I checked - hit the treadmill.

The treadmill won out.

I decided since I didn't have a lot of time, I was just going to crank it up and see how much I could take before my lungs and legs gave out. I set the timer for 10 minutes and started running.

I only took a breather (quick walk ) for 30 seconds - I kept upping the speed as fast as I could take it.

In the end?

I ran one mile in 9 minutes, 42 seconds.

I haven't done that in a long time.
Sure, I was a sack of jelly gasping for air at the end, but it was worth it.


That treadmill is my bitch.



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment