Thursday, February 14, 2008

February Stars.

Yeah, I know it's Valentine's Day, and I should be posting either lovey-dovey stuff or ranting against the corporate mechanism that spawned this day, but my heart's not in it.

This morning I treated myself.

The kids were playing by themselves so I grabbed my coffee, hit the couch and started watching Skin and Bones. I have the album, but had never seen all of the concert. (Just bits and pieces.) It was being broadcast in Hi-Def last Sunday, and I was wise enough to PVR the fuck out of it - almost knowing that eventually I'd have a moment to watch it.

Fuck it's great.

The intimacy, flow, and setlist are spectacular. I have to say, if you asked me to choose between seeing The Foo play a acoustic set or a balls-to-the-wall rock set, I'd have a hard time choosing.

One of my all-time favorite Foo songs is February Stars - I can't tell you for sure, because I have about 15 or 20 all-time favorite Foo songs. (That makes narrowing it down extremely difficult.) Listening to that song today is what inspired me to post - Dave Grohl is my muse, I guess.


If you get a chance to watch it, please do so.
If you get a chance to see them live - I envy you like a fat kid envy's the Ice Cream Man.



Later.

1 comment: