Monday, July 16, 2007

Bowl Full of Memory.

See that, on the right? That is my childhood.

As far back as I can recall, almost every morning of my youth involved that bowl somehow. It was given to me when I was about two or three, and there have been countless cereals that have rested therein, if only for a short period of time.

My mother gave it to me today - she had come across it while unpacking from the move. The minute I saw it, I swear I could taste the Frankenberry. It was a pleasant surprise, to say the least.

I always thought that the two boys in there were the Twin and I. (Don't look at me that way, I was just three, for chrissakes!) I would hurry and eat my cereal and then drink the milk in the bottom, just so I could see the picture.

What you don't see is the other thing my mother gave me - My vintage Superman 1979 coffee mug - from when I was 7. Classic is all I can say. (I didn't drink coffee when I was 7 - but if I said coco mug, you'd think I was retarded.)

Too bad they don't make Frankenberry anymore - I'm yearning for a bowl.


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment