Saturday, December 10, 2011

Adsensed.


I'm on the fence about Google AdSense.

(And I can rhyme, too.)

Let's make one thing clear: this place isn't about money. (But if it can help supplement my coffee/not wanting to work addiction, I'll take it.) I had AdSense set up ages ago and made a whopping $13 on it over the course of 2 years. I technically haven't even made any money because Google doesn't send out a cheque until your total is over $100. At that rate I won't receive my cash until 2026. (And they'll have to make it out to "Geriatric Rambler".)

I'm also worried about the potential ads that could pop up on my blog. Google will post stuff that goes along with what I write about, and if you look at some of the crap that I post you'd see how that could be a problem. Sure -  writing about sleep, heartburn, and Gin is okay, but what about some of the other stuff I touch upon? (Click the link - you'll see how horrible that pun really was.) There's the possibility of extreme awkwardness for the first-time visitor if they are inundated with ads for anal creams because I posted about Movember?

Don't laugh - you'd never guess how many visitors that post got because the word "Anal" was in the title. Let's just say people search for some weird things online.

What do you think?

Would you click on an ad for something on this site? If I blogged about meatloaf, would you click on an ad for Beef tubesteak?

Be Honest - I don't judge.






Later.

1 comment:

  1. I am not surprised you get clicks based on anal. There are many horny housewives looking for discreet anal. They are just trying to be very careful about who they hook up with.

    Google will sometimes disable your adsense account if you even hint at non conventional sex like white women who prefer anal with black men.

    ReplyDelete