Thursday, December 22, 2011

Leave the Dog Behind.




We went to the movies tonight.

Don't kid yourself and think that this was some romantic excursion for the Wife and I - those are few and far between. (It goes with having kids, trust me.) This was a family excursion/treat for the Boys, and kind of a treat for me as well.

We went and saw Tintin.

I started reading the Tintin graphic novels when I was around 6-7 years old. Sure, they spoke kinda funny (I think it was because of the translation from French) but any story where the hero is a boy who flies planes, shoots guns, and outwits every adult around was right up my alley. Tintin kicked ass and was able to pull it off while wearing short pants and a fucked up hairdo.

I was glad for the chance to pass the story along to the boys via the movie. The clincher to going was the fact that our theatre was actually showing it in 3D - it's the first time I've ever seen a 3D movie in this town (Welcome to Hicksville, Canada - population: Us), and the Boys had never seen one at all. The 2-for-1 of childhood story and modern technology was to hard to resist.

First things first - Computer generated movies have moved to that creepy-real point. People look so close to being live without actually being live that it actually takes me out of the movie just a little bit. If I ever catch myself checkin' out the rack or admiring the curves on a computer generated woman, I'm just going to up and leave the theatre.

But the movie was great, the 3D was cool, and the overall experience was worth the financial pillaging my wallet took at the register. (I won't bore you with the details, but I might as well just have handed over one of the kids and call it even.)

If you have the chance, check it out - be it 2D or 3D, that little Belgian kid kicks ass,

And for the record, I'm damn sure I could pull off that hairdo if I wanted to.






Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment