Monday, December 19, 2011

606,000

Not My Legs


606,000

That's a big fucking number.

But let's break it down:
  • 606,000 steps /2000 steps to a mile (Approx) = 303 miles.
  • 303 miles /12 weeks = 25.25 miles a week.
  • 25.25 miles a week / 4 days = 6.31 miles a session.
Subtract the 13.1 miles for the Half Marathon I'll be running at the end of it, and the numbers look even smaller. See? Not so bad after all, eh?

Due to injury, I missed running the Comox Valley Half Marathon last year - I'd ran it the previous 2 years, and missing out on it really bothered me. I'm determined that through organization, proper training (including actually stretching after runs!) and sheer determination, I'm going to finish the training and have a successful race.

Do I expect to beat my 1:33:50 Half Marathon PR?
No.
Do I expect to beat my 1:37:00 PR for this race?
No.

The last time I ran a Half and didn't PR was in Victoria 2010 - it was the first time I didn't improve on my time and it really crushed me. I went into the next training session like a madman (for Comox 2011) and only ended up injuring myself and not running at all. This time I'm going to run just for the sake of doing it - I think the time will take care of itself.

That's a big step for me to take - changing my outlook like that - I've always been a competitor with myself and others when it came to running, so breaking that outlook will be difficult, but I'm doing it one step at a time.


605,999 and counting...





Later.

1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of steps!!! Good luck to you and good luck beating your time.... cause that time already seems crazy fast to me!!

    ReplyDelete