Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Nemesis.

I encountered an old Nemesis today - one I hadn't seen in quite some time.

Every encounter between the two of us is extremely unpleasant, usually painful, and leaves me generally frustrated. There's precautions I can take so the two of us don't come across each other, but I forgot about them today - next thing I know, Bam! Nemesis.

My Nemesis?
Chafing.

Don't laugh - I went for a run today, and was wearing the wrong kind of shorts. That, coupled with my chubby-ass legs means that there's some friction going on down in the neather regions. (Not the good friction, either - that I could handle.)

I shrugged off the irritation and kept running - no pain, no gain, right? It wasn't until I jumped in the shower afterwards that I regretted my choice.

Just so you know, water hitting a chafed area is like getting an Indian Burn (do we call them First Nations burn?) from someone whose hands were soaked in kerosene and set on fire.

So my day went to shit from there.

Right now I'm shuffling around at work, trying to prevent my thighs from touching each other. (Its quite a challenge.) I'm waiting until I can go home, put something loose fitting on, and just relax.

Thanks for listening - I  just wanted to share my pain.


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment