Sunday, January 08, 2006

Fuck The Vote.

Talking politics with unnamed peoples today and the comment was made in regards to the upcoming Federal election:


What's the point of voting when all you are doing is voting out
one shitty
party for another?
In a way, I have to agree.
See, I really dislike the Canadian Electoral System, and for a couple of reasons:
  • I don't like that I have to vote for a certain federal party at the local level to have an effect on the national outcome. I really hate our local MLA, I think they're a schmuck, but I do like the party they belong to. I think that one of the opposing candidates could do a better job representing our region, but on a national level, I don't like their party. It just frustrates me.
  • I hate the fact that the leader of our country, the "face of Canada" is not one chosen by the Canadian people. They are chosen by their party, and you know that the type of backdoor deals and bullshit promises most of them had to do to get there are just going to weigh them down once they are in office.
  • The balance of power that sits back east and within Quebec. I understand it's population based, but when you consider that the main political party in Quebec wants to leave the country, I think that someway, somehow they should not have that type of power.

Now I'm not saying I have any answers for any of these problems, just that I don't like them. ( I know I'm going to hear from the Home Office about the balance of power.) But the thing is, I'm one of those people who feels that you have NO right to bitch about what happens in this country unless you get off your ass and vote.

I think to get into any political argument you should have proof that you voted in the last election, otherwise you should be told to shut the fuck up.

It's not hard to vote, and even if, like me, you hate the people who are doing the job, they are the only choice we have right now.

Until the Revolution comes.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:53 am

    "Until the revolution comes" LOL Yeah right! Think I've heard that one before!

    ReplyDelete