Monday, August 20, 2007

Last Gasp.


So I go back to work tomorrow.

It's not a bad thing.

I've enjoyed my holidays, but I've come to realize that I need the interaction with people outside of my normal friends and family. (I know Mom- don't talk to strangers, but I need this.) It's good for the soul to interact with others - doesn't matter if you've never met them before, or just haven't spoken to them in a while.

And that is the plus about my job. As long as I'm on time with the things I need to accomplish, and the customers are being taken care of, I have time to chat. (And those who read this know that I am a talker.) If I was a logger I'd only be able to talk to trees - but then having my salary twice over is a slight compensation.

The great thing is that I get to choose who I'm going to talk to. Although I do get roped into some unwanted conversations occasionally, I've become quite adept at extracting myself from the gravitational pull of boring speech. (Hint: feign ignorance - if they think you are dumb, they don't want to talk to you.) I like to talk to people who stimulate me. (Get your head out of the gutter.)

So going back will be a nice thing. Talking to my Son everyday about who he thinks the coolest Transformer is can be a bit wearing. (Optimus, in case you were curious.) I need to talk above a Pre-School level.

I'll be in Aisle 4.


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment