Friday, August 03, 2007

The Channels, They Are a Changin'

T.V. is so much different now than when I was a kid.

Forget HD, TiVo and 5000 channels. I'm talking about basic programs.

I was watching cartoons with The Boys this morning, and it turns out that nearly every show has some sort of message attached to it. Morally positive stuff like "Everyone is special" and "Sharing is caring." When did all this shit sneak onto the airwaves?

When I was a kid the only lessons we learned were from watching G.I. Joe:
  1. Don't put your infantry in front of your artillery.
  2. Don't fuck with Ninjas.
  3. Knowing is half the battle.
These are the things that will help you later on in life.

But the syrupy goodness that's out there right now sickens me. I think I became diabetic just watching these love-fests they call children's programming. I'll have to go retro and buy some classic DVD television series, just to show the current generation that Morning Cartoons are built on violence and toned-down mayhem.

Now where's that Thundercats DVD?


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment