Friday, August 10, 2007

Forgotten Anniversary

Today is my 11th Wedding Anniversary.

The title is a bit misleading, as I did not forget it, nor did my wife. The thing that pisses me off is that everyone in my family forgot about it.

I don't want gifts or anything, but some acknowledgment would be nice. It happens almost every year - you think they would either remember or I would give up hoping. My Wife's family remembers, but mine? A.W.O.L.

I've seen most of my family (or spoke to them) within the last week. They know it's today. It's easy to remember. It's also my Aunt's Birthday (she got a call), and two days before The Twins anniversary. (You would think that he would at least recall the day.)

I'll get a lot of after-the-fact calls and "Sorry!" apologies. But it's really starting to piss me off. I'm almost in the mood to reciprocate in kind, but that is a bit beneath me. I take the high road in situations like this.

That, and bitch about it on the Internet.



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment