Saturday, May 26, 2007

Trente-Cinq

35.

Thirty-Five.


It doesn't look good any way you spell it.

35 years ago today the Twin and I were thrust upon the world. It's never been the same since.

I was going to try and do what the Sidekick did and list the things I've learned in my life over the last 35 years. But if you've read this blog all along, you'll realize that there isn't that much that I have learned. I'm still trudging along, making it up as I go. I haven't learned anything so much as I've picked up some colorful anecdotes on what not to do.

But the best advice I've learned?

Don't not do it.

Grammatically, it sucks - but realistically it makes sense. Do what you can when you can do it. You'll kick yourself more looking back and realizing what you didn't do than you will look back and shake your head for what you did do. I don't live by this rule consistently enough myself - and that's one thing I do regret.

I'll go blow out my candles now - it might take two deep breaths.
Wish me luck.



Later.

1 comment:

  1. Of the dozen or so things I've learnt from my most favourite former boss Wolf Bauer, one of them can be stated: "There is never a good time. Do it anyway."

    Generally, we make excuses as to why we're bailing on something: I'm the worst I know, with a recent Atlanta and Vegas trip counted among the casualties. I want a house, car and new TV, but I really need some time drifting with the current and a good UW camera.

    So. Pencil you in for XMas 08 in Jamaica? How about the largest land-based marine aquarium in the western hemisphere?

    WV had to much ganga and uttered 'yfyewlg'.

    ReplyDelete