Friday, December 23, 2005

Waiting Is The Hardest Part

Today is the Wife's due day.

Yes people, today is supposed to be the day my new progeny would enter the world.
But so far, no dice. There's not much you can do but wait it out, and that's all that can be done right now. ( Actually there's all sort of freaky stuff you can try, but I'm not really in the mood for half of it.) And since I'm not the one packing the kid around right now, I don't really have a problem with waiting.

The Wife is a different matter.

If this child was to burst from her chest a'la Alien, I think she would be happy just to have it out. I must admit, it's got to be hard carrying all that around for the last nine months, although to hear her tell it, she's been carrying me around for the last nine years. Right..... She's in her own little world on that one.

The closer we get to the big day, the more I hope this one turns out just as well as the Boy. But that would be too much luck in one spot, and lord knows I've got some bad karma floating around somewhere. If it's half as good it'll still be better than most of the kids I see on a daily basis.

Plus, if it's born on Christmas, I'm calling him Jesus. (Like I'll get away with that.)

1 comment:

  1. If he or she is born on Christmas day we don't have to call it jesus.The way I see it aslong as it can turn water into wine...or better yet...gin than we should be all good....

    ReplyDelete