Thursday, December 15, 2005

Envy

My brother just got a Video iPod.

Until this time, I was not really into the whole iPod phenomenon. I would hear people speak of them, see someone wearing one, and witnessed the rabid ferocity with which it's supporters defend their product on the net.
I didn't really want one.
All that hype, and the price tag was just a bit out of my reach. I figured I would be happier with a lower end mp3 player, and leave all "those" people to their white ear-buds and weird commercials. I know that U2 has an iPod, and if Bono's endorsing it, I know Joey's not going anywhere near it. ( Thus was the extent of my research.)

But I got to hold one in my hands.
I got to examine it closely, and play with it for a while.

Oh God, I want one so bad.

It's a lot more than what I had imagined, and that's not including the picture and video capabilities. It's like sweet music and funky technology hopped in the sack and fucked like bunnies. I would call it "My Precious", and I would hold it and love it and squeeze it all day long......

But I digress.
I'll admit that I was wrong.
In my brief time that I got to enjoy the product, I kept thinking how neat and intuitive it was. It seemed really well designed. Cool features and nice workmanship make a well rounded product.

To Steve Jobs: Nice work, and I hope to get one someday.
To My Brother: If yours goes missing, don't look at me.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know...I like the ipod and am willing to look over tha fact that Boner endorses them becuse so does Eminem and other artists...but the video ipod seems a little much. I have seen one and although I appreciate the original the new video version seems like a cash grab in a way. The taking of music everywhere is normal but fir me to be sitting on a bus and watching a tiny show on the tiny screen seems irititating. Do you really need to be able to watch something while you walk down town...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for the holopod
    or,
    the internal micropod.

    ReplyDelete