Monday, October 24, 2005

Lotto Fever

The Lotto 6/49 Jackpot is now approx $40 Million Dollars.

Last week, when it was a mere $30 Million, it set off a ticket frenzy all across Canada. I'll admit, I bought my ticket, and I'll do so again. I won't do anything stupid like go over what I usually spend on the lottery, or not eat for a week just so I can get tickets. But it is nice to play that game in your imagination. "What if I won?" How would you spend the money?

If I won the entire fortune, I would probably give some to charity, just to rub it into the faces of the A&W workers from Mission, B.C. The rest? Who knows? Family will of course be taken care of, as well as others who are important to you, but having that much money would scare me. Sure, for the first time you are fiscally responsible to nobody, but the temptation to spend, spend, spend would be a bit much. You hear so many horror stories about Lotto winners who have had their lives ruined because of the windfall they've received.

I like to think I would be level-headed with it. Weather or not that would happen, I don't know. I have always said that I would like to win just enough to be debt free, (No mortgage, car payment, etcetera.) I don't mind working, I would like it so my wife doesn't have to, and I'd like a bigger chunk of my paycheck going towards retirement or the kids collage fund.
But we'll see how it all turns out.

If I win big, I'll start the "Bling Bling Blog".

1 comment:

  1. Just as long as I may come swim in your pool/grotto.

    ReplyDelete