Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Blacked Out.

Yesterday, after the worst storm in memory, we went without power from 5am until 8pm at night.
Just a small breeze, really.

In the community of 30,000 that I live in, 23,000 didn't have power.

Finding coffee and a way to keep your phone charged were top priorities. (I know, First World Problems, right?) I stood in line at the only functioning Tim Horton's for 20 minutes and was tempted to ask if they could just hook an I.V. up and pipe it directly into my arm.

I view the person who handed me that steaming goblet of caffeinated goodness as something akin to a Saint.

Amazingly enough, I was also able to get a run in on my lunch hour.

Overall, the day worked out well, and the lights are back on.

However, after being stuck indoors with the kids and no power, the Wife will snap if she so much as glimpses a board game. (Who knew playing the Game of Life with a 6 and 9 year old would cause such rage?)

I've hid the Jenga - so I think everything is going to be okay.








Later.






No comments:

Post a Comment