Speaking of my generation, how unfair is it that some kid who's 15 years younger than me gets to be in all the movies I ever dreamed of being a part of? I would have jumped at a chance to be in Transformers, and I certainly would have made a better sidekick than Short Round. ("No worries, Doctor Jones - there's always time for Love.")
This punk LeBeouf is getting all the dream jobs.
And it gets worse.
I checked out IMDB, and it turns out that he's been in stuff that I would have given my left testicle to be in. (And that was even before the surgery.) Check it out:
- Animated Movie: Surf's Up - sure, it sucked, but hey- cartoons.
- Hitchcock Remake: Disturbia
- Comic Book Movie: Constantine
- Asimov Future Movie: I, Robot
- Mindless Action Movie: Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
- Sci Fi TV Show: The X Files (One episode, but that's one more than I've been in.)
Still, he's the guy living out my childhood fantasies. Thank God he's not cast for a role in The G.I. Joe movie - I would have to eat my liver out of jealousy. (Really I would make a great General Hawk or Duke.)
Now if I could only super-impose me over him when Crystal Skull comes out on DVD - then I just might have to rate it above Raiders.