Sunday, January 20, 2008

This Goat Weighs Thirty Pounds.

When I first started growing the goatee, it was just to see if I could do it - my work allows it, and I hadn't done anything like that in five years. I thought I'd grow it for two weeks and then I'd shave it off.

The day I was going to get rid of it, I also stepped on a scale. That was a morbid surprise. It was at that moment I made a promise to myself. The goat was going to stay until I lose 30 pounds - no matter what.

I'll admit, having the goat is annoying. It doesn't match the color of my hair, it's full of gray, and all the trimming and shit to keep it looking respectable is maddening.

But it's still here.

However, it should be gone soon.

The gym across the street from where I work is Having a "Biggest Loser" contest, with 1st place being a year membership and various spa and training packages. Because we are a neighborhood business, I swindled a deal and got anyone from my workplace in cheap. It's a three month time period, and just being back at the gym again is great.

I'm going to kick some ass.

I got weighed in Wednesday, and have been hitting the gym about once a day since then. That, combined with a healthier diet, has me down about 10 pounds as of this morning. I should still be in the 10-pound range at the weekly weigh in.

I'm thinking I'm going to get a fresh pack of razors - just to have them ready.



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment