Friday, January 18, 2008

Hyperhidrosis

One thing about getting back to the gym:

I'd forgotten how much I sweat.

Maybe they've got the heat on in there, but I swear I could fill a bucket (okay, maybe just a small glass) after I get off the treadmill. Don't worry, sanitary freaks - I wipe thier equipment down afterwards. (I even wipe my equipment down, too - wink, wink. ..Eww.)

Thank God I drink lots of water - if that's what I'm losing, I'd better put more back in. I could not drink any water, but then I'd be a dried out husk, and that's not good. (Is it bad at the gym to have a Venti White Chocolate Mocha instead of a water bottle?)

At least the sweat makes it look like I'm working really hard.

(I am, but now it looks like I am - and perception is important.)


Later.

1 comment:

  1. You know how to tell when you're really sweating? It's past the point where it gets in your eyes; when you can feel it running down your eyes like rain down a window, and you're just too bagged to bother blinking for something as trivial as sweat coating your eyeballs, then you're sweating.

    The evenings where I've sweated that much are etched in the pain parts of my brain for evermore.

    ReplyDelete