Saturday, September 22, 2007

A Night In.

Tonight was Movie Night.

We watched Monster House with the kids.

I have to admit, I was very impressed. Spielberg and company did a nice job with this one. I'll be honest - it was the first animated movie I've watched on the High-Def setup and it looked gorgeous. The characters and the lighting were awesome.

Oh, yeah - the kids liked it too.

The Youngest One isn't into movies like his older sibling - He would rather do anything else than sit still for 90 minutes. I like that he's not totally committed to the television, but it would be nice if he could enjoy the film , and we didn't have to stop and entertain him every 25 minutes. (I'm sure in 12 years I'll be curing him to get his lazy ass off the couch.)

The oldest one? I think he likes the DVD player more than he likes me. (If the DVD player fed him, I'm sure that would be the case.) I lid - he's great - he just enjoys movies so much because he knows I enjoy them too. I foresee many years of bonding over movies. I'll have him hooked on Kevin Smith - as soon as his Mom will let him watch it. (How old does a kid have to be for dick and fart jokes?)

It's been a pleasant night - we'll have to do it more often.

Now if I can maybe slip Kill Bill into the DVD Player.....we'll be set.


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment