Friday, September 14, 2007

In The Still Of The Night.

At 5 am this morning, I was awoken by a beeping sound.

I shrugged it off, rolled over and went back to sleep.

The beeping sound came back.

Half-awake, I try to stay conscious long enough to figure out where the sound is coming from. Turns out it's my cell phone, and the battery is dying.

My cell is in my pants pocket, and they are on the chair in the corner. The simple thing to do would be to take the phone out of the pants, turn it off and deal with it in the morning.

But no. At 5am, I'm just not that smart.

My solution was to throw my pants on the floor, and then throw my housecoat on the pants. (I must have thought the housecoat contained a cone of silence.) Seemingly triumphant, I stagger back into bed.

And then it beeps again.

I crawl out of bed and take my phone out of my pocket. I turn it off, and then hurl it (with great force) upon my crumpled housecoat. I proceed back to bed, to close my eyes until dawn's early light.

Or, an hour an a half later when the alarm goes off.

Fuckin' technology - keeps me awake at night.


Later.


(P.S. I'm blaming the 9 bucks I lost at Poker on my phone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment