Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Split Shift.

Today I had to work a split shift.

One of my fellow co-workers was ill so I was asked to cover for their shift tonight. There is nothing really wrong with a split shift except for the experience of going to work twice in the same day. My mind isn't setup to deal with that type of thing.

I found that like a normal shift, I start out a little slow and then I work up to full speed. Problem with the split shift is that by the time I was in full work mode, it was time to go home. Then when I came back, the process starts all over again. I tell you, a four-hour lunch sure takes the enthusiasm out of going back to work.

But I don't want to whine about it. (I don't want to sound like some farmboy who wants to go to Toshi Station.) All in all, it wasn't a bad thing. I wouldn't want to do it everyday, but once in a while is okay.

I'm off to bed now.
If Uncle Owen calls, tell him I'm dreaming of Power Converters....

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment