Monday, October 02, 2006

Almost Time..

It's almost Hockey time again.

I know the Sidekick already posted about this a while ago, and while I hate to follow in anyone's footsteps, I just thought I'd add a different spin on what he had to say.

He's excited, I'm wary.
He's thrilled that his team may be a legitimate contender for the Cup (Yeah, Right) and I just find that I'm not really anticipating it the way I thought I would.

I hope I'm wrong.

I hope that the growing pains the NHL suffered will be gone.
I hope that the players will have adapted to the new rules so we can see fast-paced, end to end Hockey and not just special teams deciding every game.
I hope the young, underpaid guys light it up, and show the "money" players how it should be done.
I hope that the excitment I used to have comes back.

I'm hoping for a lot.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Ya know? Me too. I don't watch hockey - only watched more than 5 minute when I was actually at a Canucks/Flames game - but I think I agree with you.

    I want to see the new rules work, see them improve the game for the sake of the game. I want to see kids playing hockey. I want there to be a real reason to go and see a (nother) game.

    Maybe one day I will.

    ReplyDelete