Saturday, May 20, 2006

Man Crush.

Now before you totally start thinking that I've switched teams, just let me say I'm not gay.

I've talked about this subject before with others and I just thought it was time to put it out there. (No, it's not "coming out".)

Most men will tell you that they would go and see just about any movie with their favorite hot chick in it. You know I'm right. Just look in the theater at Lindsay Lohan's latest piece of tripe and you'll see guys there, and not just the pussy-whipped ones either.

But what about male movie stars?

I'll be the first to admit, I'm a big Steve McQueen fan. From The Magnificent Seven and The Great Escape to The Thomas Crown Affair, Bullitt, and The Towering Inferno, if Steve was in it, I'd like to see it. Does this mean I have a great appreciation for the man and his work? Yes. Does it mean I'm mooning over 5x10 glossies of him? No.

There are a lot of movies I will see just because a certain actor is in it. Hell, lots of movies I wouldn't even give a flying fuck about, I went and viewed just because someone I liked was in it. I even saw America's Sweethearts. Why? John Cusack. I liked Batman Forever. Why? Val Kilmer.

I'm not ashamed of enjoying these actors in their work, they did a great job in most of their stuff. They've established a track record with me, and I will give them the benefit of the doubt in regards to any role, regardless of how shitty the film may look.

No matter how I may sound when I go on about Val Kilmer in Top Secret! or The Ghost and The Darkness, or the fact that I'll ramble on about Cary Elwes in The Princess Bride, it's just a great appreciation for these men and the fantastic work they've done onscreen.

So show off your Man Crush - don't be embarrassed.

It doesn't mean you take it in the Pooper.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment