Monday, July 07, 2008

Up, Up, And ....Yeah.

Went and saw Hancock tonight.

(Do you know that typing Hancock into Google Image search without SafeSearch on is a bad thing to do? Sure, you get the picture you want, but you also get stuff you don't want to see.)

I liked it. It could have been better, but I really did like it. It starts off great, but somewhere around the middle of the second act, it drops down a notch in intensity and just plateaus. Still a good flick, and worth seeing, but don't expect it to go in any direction you think based on the previews.

But I do have to say one thing - Hancock's scowl ranks up there alongside Derek Zoolander's pout as a facial expression for the ages. It never falters, wavers, or gives up. Will Smith may look angry, or constipated (or angry about being constipated) but he stays true to the character for the entire film.

I'll say it again - I liked it. I'll buy it on DVD when it hits. (But that's nothing special - I want to buy everything on DVD when it hits.)



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment