Saturday, July 05, 2008

Dairy Daycare.

Nothing drives me crazier than Babysitting.

(I'm not talking about Spending Time With My Children.)

When it's my kids, it's not called Babysitting. When it's co-workers ranging from the age of 15 to 62, it's Babysitting, pure and simple.

My two immediate bosses are on holidays right now (one's just going and one comes back Monday) so I walk in today to people just wandering around, looking lost. Considering that most of them have been here longer than I have, I shouldn't have to remind them what tasks have to be completed. ("Hey, guess what? You just have to do the same fucking thing you did last weekend.")

Technically, it's not even my place to remind at least one of these guys - but if he's not going to step up and take charge, who will? I'm not going to let the place run into the ground just so the mice can play.

It's infuriating, really - and as blunt as I was with my criticism and "direction", I still think it'll look like shit when I walk in there to-morrow.

And I'll do it all over again.

Maybe if I smacked them and sent them for a Time Out - do you think that would do it?

It's tempting.



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment