Continuing the ongoing back-and-forth between myself and Triple T about our weekly Long Runs.
This week is a Random kind of week - I'm still doing maintenance runs until the 3rd week of May, and Triple T just finished her last Long Run before her taper begins. Because of this randomness, I present to you Random Running Facts about me:
According to my Nike+, I:
According to my Nike+, I:
- Usually run on a Tuesday - and that I run 4 times a week on average. I never would have figured Tuesday to be my major running day - I guess Sundays get all the glory, but when you get right down to it, nothing beats a Tuesday.
- That the furthest I've ever ran is 26.9 miles. I'm pretty sure the calibration on my Nike was off that day - I know I did 26.2 - and unless you're counting my shuffle towards the chocolate milk and muffins I didn't go farther than that.
- Have ran a mile in 5'04", a 5K in 20'05, and a 10K in 43'55". I swear I've been faster on the 10K, but maybe I was just dreaming I was a Kenyan. And I'm pretty sure that mile time must have been downhill.
- Have an average pace of 8'13". Hopefully my Tempo runs in my marathon program can help improve that.
|My Wrist + This = Sexy.|
- My entry into the GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon. Some may not think it's a gift, but I can just tell them they basically got me a shirt and a medal, just with some conditions attached.
- The Nike+ GPS Sportwatch. I know Garmin's are dead sexy, but I've had Nike for years and this next step up would be awesome. Plus, it's flashy looking.
- New shoes. Like the marathon entry, it's something I am just going to buy myself anyway. However, the individual who comes across with these, or even a gift certificate towards part of these, will instantly become my favorite person. C'mon - what's better than buying somebody something you know they are going to use?
- But I don't want shorts. I mean, I do want shorts, but I don't want anyone to buy them for me - it just seems creepy.
- Look funny when I run. My gait isn't bad, but I don't have that whole "gliding" motion that all the good runners seem to have. You know how they make it look effortless? Well I make it look anything but.
- Sweat too much. I know running is a workout, but I guess for me it's a shower as well.
- Could be faster if I tried. But I secretly hate intervals. I can do them, but there is nothing pleasant about the process.
- Turn 40 in 34 days. I'm pretty sure I can do this one no problem.
- Start Marathon training on May 21st.
- Stay injury free. (I'm going to try stretching and shit.)
- First Marathon Goal: Finish.
- Second Marathon Goal: Finish under 3:30:00
- Third Marathon Goal: Qualify for Boston (3:15:00)
So that's a bit of randomness from me - now see what Triple T has spun on the wheel of her thoughts...