Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Pleasantly Surprised.

As the title states, I'm pleasantly surprised at how the election turned out last night.

Sure, some don't like that the Conservatives stayed in, but there was big change all around - I think the worst thing that could have happened to Canadian politics would be to have an election and just end up with the status quo.

Conservative majority? Ok Mr. Harper, you have your mandate, now show us what you can do for Canadians.

NDP? Congratulations on the "Orange Crush" - hopefully you are able to do something with your newfound status.

Liberals? I would say that obviously the biggest change people felt was needed was in your party, but then I'd be forgetting about...

The Bloc. Goodbye, fuckers - don't let the door hit your separatist ass on the way out.

I would have been happy if the last result had been the only result. (Oooh - I sound bitter!)

And that's the kinda suprise I like.



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment